Episode 19: The Greasy One

Author: Tempation Staff // Category: ,
Episode nineteen finally features the winners of our Audio Fanfiction Contest....and Shannon.

Subscribe to us on iTunes
Download episode directly here
Discuss the episode in our forums here

Show Notes

Introducing the contest winners!

News
-The Indie Twific Awards
-Remember to vote in the You're Never too Young to Write Contest
-Real Person Fiction Big Bang Contest
-The Twilight BOdy Swapping Contest
-The Age of Edward Contest
-The Bellies open up nominations on June 8th!

Please keep an eye on this person for plaigerism.

Listener Emails
-Have you read this fic?
-We talk about sins...and virtues....forever

Getting to know our Guests!
-Hopeful Wager and Jaxidy (Alpha)
-Check out Project iFic

Main Discussion on Betas
-Pros and Cons (the Pros win)
-Which of us has a beta
-Which of us are beta's
-How to find a beta, we all found ours differently
-beta beakups.

Fiction Writing
Project Team Beta

Who Do We Beta for?
-Shannon
angstgoddess003
sirenastarot
sunshinelollypops
-Killian
Magan Bagan
-Christine
Red Chevy
Helliex88
JeNnNn


Who Beta's Us
-Caitlin
Danielle
-Shannon
jfly/Thallium81
-Marrisa
RosieWilde
Jacque
Ashmerlin
-Killian
Twilightzoner
Jen2112
-Christine
-le jen-
anniej13


Music Game
-Losing My Religion by REM
-Call Me When You're Sober by Evanescence
-Chasing Cars by Snow patrol
-Are We Human by the Killers
-Dancing Queen by Abba

What Are We Reading this Week?

Closing

Stories Mentioned this Week

-The Office by tby789 and kyla713
-Meyer University by Sh.C
-Guns and Roses by RosieWilde
-A Perfect Twilight by maganbagan
-Monsters vs Vampires by ?? (I couldn't find this one.)
-Wide Awake and Gemini and Gypsies by angstgoddess003
Innocent, Vigilant, Ordinary by Oxymoronic8
-Sanctuary by jfly/thallium81
-Vampire in the Basement by michellephants
-Boycotts and Barflies by vjgm
-Leaf Dances by ShilohPR
-Talk Hard by adair7
-A Murmur of Fire in the Vein by ElleCC
-Lessons in Forbidden Love by xsecretxkeeperx
-Well This Sucks: Life According to Seth by Krum cake
-Hydraulid Level 5 by Gondolier
-Wild Swan by ScarlettLetters
-Under a Killing Moon by in-a-requiem


Claire's youtube video (an apology for not being in this episode!)

13 Responses to "Episode 19: The Greasy One"

Maria(mialuvtwilight) Says :
June 3, 2009 at 2:39 AM

will this be on itunes cause i couldn't find it! thanks!

Shannon Says :
June 3, 2009 at 5:11 AM

"And... Shannon."

Caitlin, I feel so unloved.

This is because of that other one, isn't it?

Anonymous Says :
June 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Could you post a link for Jane Austen's Twilight? I'm a big Austen fan and I'd like to check it out.

Sorry if I missed something. I searched for it on ff.n, but nothing my Jaxidy came up.

Thanks!

Tempation Staff Says :
June 3, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Austen's Twilight by Jaxidy
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4695131/1/Austens_Twilight

It should be up on iTunes. Caitlin?

Anonymous Says :
June 3, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Hey guys,
You made my day! This podcast has turned from a, *ahem*, fic rec educational type thing, into my secret giggle fest, a serious guilty pleasure.
I am thinking up a really cool/interesting/funny question to email you guys, but so far I'm coming up stumped.

I'm not sure if I'm meant to email or comment, but here it is anyways, it might be in the wrong place.... please don't hate me.

love, TM. iLikeTigerMilk. (I'm British and I say ZEB-bra. :)
xxxxxxx

Caitlin Says :
June 3, 2009 at 9:54 AM

A) The episode is appearing on my iTunes. If its new into the feed it wont necessarily appear unless you are subscribed. If you are subscribed, just hit refresh and it should start downloading.

B) I didn't include links to the guests stories because I've added them (and all of the other wonderful people who have appeared on the show) into our guest host section on the sidebar. Their names are links to their FF profile.

CherBella Says :
June 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM

The listener who was asking about the "note in a locker" story is referring to "Return to Sender" by Melissa228 (on Twilighted, don't know if it's on FF.net). It's really good and is complete.

Hopeful Wager Says :
June 3, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Return to Sender- I couldn't think of it on the spot and now I know. Thanks CherBella.

Just thought I'd mention that they'll be a preview of the iFic production of "Die To Self" on the last episode of "BB", so pay attention at the end, y'all.

Dori (xsecretxkeeperx) Says :
June 4, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Lmao, I was cracking up that you couldn't remember my SN. Thanks for the mention! It makes me all giggley. Well, that and you guys are hilarious, haha. ^_^

And, omg, Caitlin! I used to do the same thing. I hated the "he said" crap. I still do to a certain extent, but I got over it after several comments on not knowing who the heck was talking, lol. Hmmm, it's odd for me to not have much to say, haha. But I really don't. Great show guys!

-Dori

PS, I love the extras at the end ^_^ Great stuff.

Anonymous Says :
June 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Hey, brilliant episode, as always. Anyway, awhile ago I tried to start a community kind of this of fanfictions written by teens for the adults of the fandom called the Twilight Mother's Day, just as a way of you know, giving back for everything they do for us and whatnot. It didn't really take off though, and I was wondering if you could just mention it in your 'News' section in your next episode. The link is... http://community.livejournal.com/twi_day09/

Much appreciated,
~Drift

amelieliveit Says :
June 8, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I loved the podcast, like always. Younguys were talking about humor fics and I love unexpected by oohlalaaa it wacky and hilarious.

Whitlocked Says :
June 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Thank you! Thank You! I am so excited to find ific!

anoriginalcliche Says :
June 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM

For the listener e-mail about what fic it was, it's called Return to Sender by Melissa 228. It's really good, so anyone who is looking for something to read should check it out.

Post a Comment