Claire's cut recommendation: 'Death's Daughter' by GreekBee

Author: Tempation Staff // Category: ,
Hi guys :D

I, Claire, spoke about this fanfiction in Episode One: Don't do Drugs, Review! but unfortunately my recording software has a vendetta against me, ergo my full review got accidentally cut.

So I'm typing it out for your convenience because I'm fabulous like that.

----------------

Death's Daughter by GreekBee
Rating: PG-13
Summary: What if Bella was the supernatural creature, and not Edward? Bella isn't a vampire though - she's the child of Death herself - and she's just convinced her mother to let her move to the tiny, rainy town of Forks.

Edward's a harmless human, going about his normal daily life with his less than sane family when he see's the new girl.

Will love blossom between a human and Death's daughter? Will their relationship survive? More importantly, will they survive?

-------------------


I wasn't sure about this fanfiction at first. I think the summary put me off slightly- I'm not a massive fan of really AU fanfics, and this one seemed to fall under that category. However, when I read it, I was totally taken in.

First off, the preface is AWESOME. It's one of those 'give a glimpse of the end before the beginning' deals, and GreekBee does it so so well. She manages to drop in enough information to hook her readers without giving away anything too crucial.

The very first line:


I looked across the cold floor of the warehouse, which was currently coated in blood. So this is what they mean by massacre, I thought, sickened.


...and that was when I knew this was going to be really fun to read. 'Cause, let's be honest, who doesn't like a bit of blood'n'guts action. We read vampire fanfiction, after all.If you're anything like me, your first reaction to that line was: 'OHMYGODWHODIED?!'.

xD

I also really liked the first chapter. Bella is the daughter of death (no-brainer really) and, although this really turned me off at first (I have an issue with supernatural!Bella) I think that GreekBee writes it really well. The first chapter is written in the third person and narrated in a style which makes it almost feel like the opening of a fairy-tale. It kind of reminds me of greek mythology too:


...She is stands alone, still condemning herself to the dark, to the shadows that haunt the night. The dark has no beginning and no end, just black. The light stretches wider, further, seemingly in an effort to reach the pale, porcelain skin of her ethereal beauty...


Wow.

Listeners, I've officially just made this fanfiction compulsory reading. Now who wants that link again?

http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=698

Enjoy and remember- Don't do drugs, REVIEW!

*hugs*

Claire

8 Responses to "Claire's cut recommendation: 'Death's Daughter' by GreekBee"

Christine Says :
January 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Claire, you're so cute...

This really is a good story. It's the only other story I've read with a lower than R rating (along with 'Seducing Ms Swan') that I've liked. Definitely worth a read!

Yuna Says :
January 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Wow. Now I have to read it, Claire. You have that way of convincing me to do things. haha. I'll get around to it eventually. **no time!!!**

Anonymous Says :
January 7, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I've been wanting to read this fic for a while but I was skeptical about it. You gave me that push to finally read it.

Anonymous Says :
January 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I didnt like the story. I thought it was lame. I usually only read K+ because this smut stuff is horrible. Hate the podcast by the way.

Christine Says :
January 26, 2009 at 9:05 AM

^^ YES! Our first flame. ^^

I'm so happy right now.

Is that weird?

Anonymous Says :
January 26, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Oh that's exciting! They took the time to come tell us that they don't like us..thats awesome! I feel content.

Anonymous Says :
February 12, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for all of the recommendations!! You should add "You Can't Love me, You Love Sex" by 'Intoxicated By His Presence' in the All Human section. It is not that popular and I'm sure that if more readers review the author will update faster!

Anonymous Says :
October 3, 2009 at 12:07 AM

When I click on the link it tells me access denied because the story has not been validated. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the rec, I'll have to just keep looking for it!

Post a Comment